Two weeks ago I was overly ambitious about the success that I would have while on this diet. I'd given myself a long pep talk and planned to make all the right choices. Long story short, I had 2 (half ass) weeks.
In the past I would put so much pressure on myself to lose the most weight in the shortest amount of time. I would lose 15 to 20 pounds in a matter of 2 weeks. By week 3 I would be damn near dead. So by default, I would just give up. I mean, I know how to lose 20 pounds in 2 weeks but what since does it make to do that... and then turn around and gain it all back 2 weeks later? I'm finally understanding that if you want to see change, YOU HAVE TO CHANGE. If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got. With that being said, I have decided to banish my own theory that losing a large amount of weight in the first 2 weeks of my diet will spiral me into momentum. Thus making me want to continue on my journey. I have adopted a new theory of being constant with making good choices and prayerfully everything else will fall into place.
As of today I'm 3 pounds down. Those are not the best results but like I said, I was doing half ass work (you get what you pay for lol). Here is what I've been doing for the past 2 weeks (actually since last Wednesday)...
- Eating breakfast EVERYDAY. I would have 1 full serving of Honey Bunches of Oat w/1% milk.
- Drink at least 75 ounces of water a day. You're actually suppose to drink half of your body weight in ounces of water. Ie. if you weigh 200lbs, you need to be drinking 100 ounces of water a day.
- Eat low calorie meals every 3 hour. This is a hard one for me so I have an alarm on my phone to remind me to eat.
- I ate 6 small meals a day. Three meals and three snacks.
- I tracked my calories and foods with My Fitness Pal. I love this app. If you have it, add me @ bjacks2004. If you don't have it, GET IT!
- Got 30 to 60 min of cardio in everyday.
- I didn't eat after 7pm. This is also a challenge for me because I'm used to eating late. I'm a real foodie and I like to enjoy my meals without interruption. This hard to do with 2 small kids. I would always wait until they were in bed to have my dinner. If I started to feel hungry after 7pm, would have a cup of chamomile tea. It's also a night cap so once I'm done, I'm off to sleep.
- I tried to get 10 hours of sleep every night.
- I weighed myself every morning.
- I followed the Mission Slimpossible checklist.
For the upcoming 2 weeks I plan to follow this list more diligently. My goal for the next two weeks is to lose 7 pounds.
Here are a few healthy recipes that I plan to try in the upcoming weeks.
Total Fat: 1 grams
Saturated Fat: 0 grams
Protein: 2 grams
Total carbohydrates: 31 grams
Sugar: 20 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
Sodium: 2 milligrams
Calories: 399; Total Fat: 15 grams; Saturated Fat: 4 grams; Protein: 51 grams; Total carbohydrates: 14 grams; Sugar: 5 grams; Fiber: 3 grams; Cholesterol: 147 milligrams; Sodium: 212 milligrams
Calories: 446; Total Fat 27 grams; Saturated Fat: 4 grams; Protein: 46 grams; Total carbohydrates: 3 grams; Sugar: 1 grams; Fiber 1 grams; Cholesterol: 125 milligrams; Sodium: 207 milligrams
On another note, I get a lot of questions about the lipstick that I wear, find out which brand it is here.